Harris & Sloan is seeking a Forensic Structural Engineer to join our team in Aliso Viejo. Our firm creates solutions for the Construction, Insurance, and Legal industries.
As a Forensic Structural Engineer you will:
- Perform investigations to determine cause and origin of damages, construction defects, structural failures, water intrusion and building envelope deficiencies.
- Perform investigations to assess damages caused by explosions, fires, floods, hail, hurricanes, and other events.
- Author detailed written reports with photo documentation.
- Provide expert witness testimony.
- Analyze/research applicable building codes and building standards.
- Interact with clients on a frequent basis and discuss/ debate merits of findings on the spot.
The candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering.
- Be licensed engineer in the State of California; licensed or ability to get licensed in other states.
- 5 years of engineering experience; 2 of which providing Forensic Structural Engineering services.
- Experience in commercial, industrial, single and multi-family, high-rise, and etc.; a candidate well versed in wood construction and with a construction background is a plus
- Be versed in repair implementation with a detailed understanding of construction means and methods.
- Ability to communicate orally and written with other staff members and clients.
Other job requirements will entail:
- Travel – locations and frequency will depend upon client’s needs.
- The ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- The ability to lift heavy items – ladders, equipment, etc.
- The ability to walk/stand long periods of time.
- The ability to access building elements such as attics, roofs, crawlspaces, and confined spaces.
This is an exempt position (salary) and pays a competitive wage based on experience. Company Benefits include: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance and 401(k) plan with company match.
Please submit resumes to [email protected].