The Sacramento office is our corporate headquarters and home base for the company at large. Our team works on all disciplines and a variety of project types throughout California and other parts of the West. With Sacramento’s self-proclamation as “America’s farm to fork capital”, the office is located near an abundance of great restaurants, fun and culture. We’re close to downtown and the vibe that goes with that. Access to major freeways makes accessibility a breeze
We are looking for interns who are ambitious, proactive and eager to learn. Our interns will provide general drafting support to a senior level drafter and our Structural or MEP design teams. The interns will assist with CAD project file creation, prepping construction documents for design review, CAD project documentation and drafting design redlines per company standards. The interns will also assist with utilizing company templates to create project files, publishing and plotting, creating sheet sets, project detail sheets and assembling submittal packages.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Revit knowledge is plus (but not necessary)
- General understanding of xrefs
- Comfortable working with layers
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to complete assigned drafting tasks with limited supervision
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Education and Experience
- Must be about to graduate from a two term drafting essentials course or successfully completed two terms of a four term drafting design support course.
Internship Program Schedule
This is a part-time temporary position. The interns will work up to 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 12:00pm). The internship program begins in mid-April and runs through mid-August.
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position and pays a competitive hourly wage based on experience.