Harris & Sloan is a structural and mechanical engineering firm with a reputation for helping clients reduce construction costs and maximize efficiency. Our approach blends collaboration, communication, and technical expertise to provide economical design options that meet long-term performance goals.
At Harris & Sloan, we tackle complex challenges, take risks and celebrate being experts in our fields. We are purpose-driven and strategic. We are committed to the long term; our legacy.
Culture (what it’s really like to work here)
At Harris & Sloan, we do things a bit differently. Our mission is to foster a culture that values critical thinking, promotes engagement, and embraces inclusion at all levels. Our culture is deliberate. We have a fun office atmosphere and we want to surround ourselves with others looking for the same thing. We are not fans of fancy job titles or org charts. We thrive on action and results and doing what is best for our clients.
As a member of our awesome team, you will be a steward of our greatest strategic asset: our people. You’ll enjoy freedom to get the job done along with plenty of guidance and support from our talented staff. If you take pride in your work, enjoy an autonomous, team-oriented environment and want to be challenged on a daily basis, Harris & Sloan is the perfect company for you.
The Sacramento office is our corporate headquarters and home base for the company at large. Our team works on all disciplines and a variety of project types throughout California and other parts of the West. With Sacramento’s self-proclamation as “America’s farm to fork capital”, the office is located near an abundance of great restaurants, fun and culture. We’re close to downtown and the vibe that goes with that. Access to major freeways makes accessibility a breeze.
We are looking for CAD drafters who are ambitious and have the ability to complete tasks thoroughly while juggling multiple project responsibilities. Our drafters will design and prepare complete and accurate construction documents, details, specifications and revisions as set forth by the project engineering team. Our drafters will work on a variety of project types including, but not limited to, single family, multi-family, podium and light commercial projects.
- Ability to visualize in three dimensions (3-D).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to and prosper within a teamwork environment.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Utilize and manage work quality using remote drafters and complete work started by others.
- Deliver high quality work ensuring accuracy.
- Ability to complete work with limited supervision.
- Must maintain excellent attendance and dependability.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two years of experience with computer-aided design software.
- Minimum of one year of Structural drafting experience.
- Mechanical, electrical, or plumbing drafting experience a plus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position and pays a competitive hourly wage based on experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes: Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA Accounts, Life and Disability and 401(k) plan with company match.