Harris & Sloan is a structural and mechanical engineering firm with a reputation for helping clients reduce construction costs and maximize efficiency. Our approach blends collaboration, communication, and technical expertise to provide economical design options that meet long-term performance goals.
At Harris & Sloan, we tackle complex challenges, take risks and celebrate being experts in our fields. We are purpose driven and strategic. We are committed to the long term; our legacy.
Culture (what it’s really like to work here)
At Harris & Sloan, we do things a bit differently. Our mission is to cultivate a culture that values critical thinking, encourages engagement and embraces inclusion at all levels. Our culture is deliberate. We have a fun office atmosphere and we want to surround ourselves with others looking for the same thing. We are not fans of fancy job titles or org charts. We thrive on action and results and doing what is best for our clients.
As a member of our awesome team, you will be a steward of our greatest strategic asset: our people. You’ll enjoy freedom to get the job done along with plenty of guidance and support from our talented staff. If you take pride in your work, enjoy an autonomous, team-oriented environment and want to be challenged on a daily basis, Harris & Sloan is the perfect company for you.
The Sacramento office is our corporate headquarters and home base for the company at large. Our team works on all disciplines and a variety of project types throughout California and other parts of the West.
With Sacramento’s self-proclamation as “America’s farm to fork capital”, the office is located near an abundance of great restaurants, fun and culture. We’re close to downtown and the vibe that goes with that. Access to major freeways makes accessibility a breeze.
Position Summary & Qualifications
Our Accounting Department is currently seeking a Bookkeeper to join our Sacramento office. At Harris & Sloan, the Bookkeeper assists the Accounting Manager with maintaining financial records and acts as a liaison between our office and clients/vendors. Typical responsibilities include maintaining general ledger and accounts payable/receivable records, bank reconciliation, preparing financial reports and business insurance certificates. Our Bookkeeper is expected to dependable, thorough, accurate, and able to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
- 2+ years of experience with bookkeeping/accounting, Associate’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- Experience with:
- Finance management systems, spreadsheets, and word processing software
- Generally accepted accounting principals
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Learn new systems, applying common sense understandings drawing from past experience
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Develop cooperative and productive relationships with office staff, clients, and vendors
- Embrace challenges, adapt, and solve problems effectively
- Understanding and proficiency in:
- Data entry and record keeping
- Using MS Windows, MS Office, PDF Editors such as Adobe and/or Bluebeam
- Deltek Vision experience is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
This is a non-exempt position and pays a competitive hourly wage based on experience.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA Accounts, Life and Disability and 401(k) plan with company match.